The Schroeder Group offers a breadth of understanding that comes from handling cases of every type within the complicated realm of bankruptcy and financial restructuring. But knowledge of bankruptcy law alone is not enough. We assess our clients’ bankruptcy objectives and, where appropriate, collaborate with firm attorneys in other relevant disciplines—corporate, finance, real estate, employment, tax, and litigation—to craft an effective approach.
Our wide range of representation includes creditors, financial institutions, committees, trustees, buyers and sellers of assets, lessors and lessees, investors and others in:
- Chapter 7 (liquidation) and 11 (reorganization) cases
- Out-of-court workouts and restructurings
- Loan workouts for both borrowers and lenders
- Investing in distressed assets and securities
- Asset purchases
- Prosecuting and defending avoidance actions, including preferences and fraudulent transfer claims
- Transactional and tax advice related to bankruptcy, out of court restructurings, and other creditors rights issues
- Litigating objections to discharge
With our depth of industry experience and multi-disciplinary approach, we have the capacity to perform both transactional and adversarial work, and the experience to craft practical solutions using a cost/benefit analysis.
We represent creditors and debtors in business bankruptcy matters and related litigation. We understand that matters involving financial distress are often crisis situations. In these situations, a business and its owners are fighting for survival to protect a lifetime of hard work and investment. Lenders and other creditors are understandably pressuring the business for information and payment in an attempt to salvage the best recovery they can. For some creditors, the bankruptcy of a major customer may threaten the creditors’ own ability to survive. Because we have experience representing both debtors and creditors, we understand these dynamics from all angles and are able to quickly assess the situation and develop a proactive approach to address the issues.
The Schroeder Group’s representation in bankruptcy and insolvency-related matters include:
- Business, business owners, and real estate investors in out-of- court restructurings and chapter 11 bankruptcy cases;
- Secured lenders in connection with foreclosure and other enforcement actions;
- Purchasers of distressed businesses and other assets;
- Providers of debtor-in- possession financing;
- Creditors in collection litigation and bankruptcy cases; and,
- Defendants in preference and fraudulent conveyance litigation.